steel wheelie bins
Choosing a steel or plastic waste container?
Steel containers comply with the same EN standard as plastic wheelie bins and have the same volume dimensions. However, the right choice largely depends on the type of waste that has to be put in the container.
We recommend the use of steel wheelie bins in particular when there is a heavy load and when the containers must be fire and flame retardant. The steel waste containers are also used when working with solvents that react with plastic, such as thinner or white spirit.
Metal waste containers from 35 to 2500 liters
Thanks to the wide range, there is always a suitable waste container available for you. The smallest container is a 35 liter round steel waste bin. Followed by the steel 2-wheeled bins of 120 liters and 240 liters. Finally, we have a large number of 4-wheeled bins.
The 4-wheeled bins are standard equipped with several handles, so that they are easy to move and/or open. Due to the conical shape of the hull and the KAM or DIN mounting, the container can easily be emptied by a garbage truck. Does the container have to be on an inclined surface? That is no problem at all. Of the four castor wheels, two are braked, making it possible to place the steel container on a sloping surface. Thanks to the reinforced corners, these containers can take a beating.
In addition, a range of options is available, such as drawbar systems, a central brake, folding protection, various locks and heavy duty wheels. The wheelie bins can be painted in a color of your choice and it is even possible to supply them with a steel or plastic lid. Certain wheelie bins also comply with the EN840-2/5/6 standard.
You can also contact Engels for various mesh wheelie bins. These mesh wheelie bins are ideal if it is necessary to immediately see what is in the container. Mesh wheelie bins also prevent suffocation from, for example, clothing or packaging materials.
For the right choice and use of our metal wheelie bins, we would like to refer you to our expert sales team.
Are steel wheelie bins resistant to rust (corrosion)?
If the wheelie bin is not treated, it is susceptible to rust, also known as corrosion. However, Engels wheelie bins are standard fully galvanized :
- The steel parts are formed in moulds
- The sides and bottom are welded together, giving the container shape
- The container is assembled
- The entire container is degreased and pickled in hydrochloric acid
- After which the container goes into a hot zinc bath, with the addition of aluminum
The container is now completely galvanized, so that it cannot rust (corrode).
- 4-Wheel container, steel, 770 L with black double-walled cover
- 4-Wheel container, steel, 660 L with black double-walled cover
- 4-Wheel container, steel, 1000 L with black double-walled cover
- 4-Wheel container, steel, 660 L with black plastic cover
- 4-Wheel container, steel, 660 L with reinforced steel lid
- 4-Wheel container, steel, 770 L with black plastic cover
- 4-Wheel container, steel, 770 L with reinforced steel lid
- 4-Wheel container, steel, 1100 L with black plastic cover
- 4-Wheel container, steel, 1100 L with reinforced steel lid
- 4-Wheel container 1100 L steel with child protectionMGBS 1100.000-KS€808.00 €977.689 In stock
- Rear Loader 2250x1420x1465 mm, 2500 ltr, galvanised, 4 wheelsREL 2500.000€1,849.00 €2,237.2910 In stock